Mon 20 Mar 2023
CPD: 7 hours
Become confident in assisting in implant treatment
Our one day implant course for nurses will help you become confident in assisting and supporting your dentist in implant procedures. Whether you are new to implant nursing, or already experienced, this course will enable you to achieve a greater understanding of your role during implant placement and increase both your confidence and competence.
This hands-on course entitles you to 7 hours of verifiable CPD and provides you with opportunity to assist in live implant placement as well as learning the required theoretical procedures and protocols.
In association with
Beyond my expectations. It was great, a really good course. I have learned so much and feel so much more confident now with the surgery set up.
A huge thank you for such an amazing implant course. Since the course I have taken part in 2 implants which I have really enjoyed. Attending the course has helped me so much, it has helped my confidence. I went to the course knowing nothing and have come out feeling great.
I have been on other implant training courses but found this course to be very informative in a relaxed environment. I will recommend this course to my dental friends
The course exceeded my expectations, I learned a lot about preparing for implants and feel ready to assist during the procedure.
- To introduce you to dental implant surgery in general practice.
- To provide you with the knowledge and confidence to assist and support an implant procedure.
- To learn how to carry out full draping techniques required for implant placement and adhering to COVID-19 protocols.
- To assist in live implant placement procedures and postoperative cleaning and maintenance protocols of the instruments.
This course incorporates hands-on learning and the theoretical side of implant nursing, combined with an opportunity to assist in live surgery and to see the day-to-day running of our Specialist Dental Referral Centre at Devonshire House.
- Planning and documentation
- Patient preparation and care
- Set up of surgery instruments
- Gowning and gloving techniques
- Hands-on draping procedure
- Cross-infection control, decontamination and asepsis
- Hands on implant placement of dummy implants on models
- Observation and assistance of implant placement
- Operatory clear-up
Where and When
- Devonshire House Dental Practice Copley and Queen Edith's Way practices
- Training by Devonshire House Nurses and Specialist Prosthodontists
- Monday 20th March 2023 from 9am -5pm
- 7 hours of verifiable CPD
- Lunch Provided
- £275 no VAT
Documentation to be provided
- GDC certificate
- Indemnity insurance
- DBS certificate
- Hep B immunisation
- Covid vaccine records
You will be required to take a lateral flow test the night before and report the result to the course co-ordinator.
If you are unwell for any reason it is better to not attend the course. If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19 please take a lateral flow test the night before and do not attend if you have a positive result.
What you will need on the day
Please bring your:
- Dental nurse uniform
- Surgical mask and visor to wear in surgery
- Appropriate footwear for the afternoon clinical session.
|9.00am - 9.15am||Registration and lateral flow tests|
|9.15am - 10.15am||Planning and cross infection control (lecture)|
|10.15am - 10.30am||Break for tea and coffee|
|10.30am - 11.15am||Surgery set up and clear up (lecture)|
|11.15am - 1.30pm||Hands on surgery and instruments set up / implant placement on models|
|1.30pm - 2.00pm||Lunch|
|2.30pm - 3.15pm||Surgery set up|
|3.15pm - 5.00pm||Hands on surgical assistance|