This event is now over and took place on Fri 30 Sep 2016
Become confident in assisting in implant treatment
Our one day implant course for nurses will help you become confident in assisting and supporting your dentist in implant procedures. Whether you are new to implant nursing, or already experienced, this course will enable you to achieve a greater understanding of your role during implant placement and increase both your confidence and competence.
This hands-on course entitles you to 7 hours of verifiable CPD and provides you with opportunity to assist in live implant placement as well as learning the required theoretical procedures and protocols.
In association with
A huge thank you for such an amazing implant course. Since the course I have taken part in 2 implants which I have really enjoyed. Attending the course has helped me so much, it has helped my confidence. I went to the course knowing nothing and have come out feeling great.
Shumena - Cambridge
I have been on other implant training courses but found this course to be very informative in a relaxed environment. I will recommend this course to my dental friends
The course exceeded my expectations, I learned a lot about preparing for implants and feel ready to assist during the procedure.
Aims and Objectives
- To introduce you to dental implant surgery in general practice.
- To provide you with the knowledge and confidence to assist and support an implant procedure.
- To learn how to carry out full and partial draping techniques required for implant placement.
- To assist live implant placement procedures and postoperative cleaning and maintenance protocols of the instruments.
This course incorporates hands-on learning and the theoretical side of implant nursing, combined with an opportunity to watch live surgery and to see the day-to-day running of our Specialist Dental Referral Centre at Devonshire House.
- Planning and documentation
- Patient preparation and care
- Set up of surgery instruments
- Gowning and gloving techniques
- Hands-on draping procedure
- Cross-infection control, decontamination and asepsis
- Hands on implant placement of dummy implants on models
- Observation and assistance of implant placement
- Operatory clear-up
Where and When
- Devonshire House Dental Practice and Dental Laboratory
- Training by Devonshire House Head Nurse, Rosie Fenn and Specialist Prosthodontists, Wail Girgis and Cyrus Nikkhah
- Friday 30th September 2016 from 9am -5pm
- 7 hours of verifiable CPD
- Lunch Provided
- £250 no VAT
Please bring your dental nurse uniform and shoes to wear in surgery for the afternoon session
|9.00am - 9.15am||Registration|
|9.15am - 10.15am||Planning and cross infection control (lecture)|
|10.15am - 10.30am||Break for tea and coffee|
|10.30am - 11.15am||Surgery set up and clear up (lecture)|
|11.15am - 1.30pm||Hands on surgery and instruments set up / implant placement on models|
|1.30pm - 2.00pm||Lunch|
|2.30pm - 3.15pm||Surgery set up|
|3.15pm - 5.00pm||Hands on surgical assistance|